Honeywell T3636 upgrade to smart

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My inlaws have decided they would like a smart heating system where they can remotely switch on/off the heating as and when.

I haven’t been to see exactly what they have but I know they have a combo boiler in the airing cupboard with a wired Honeywell T3636B1028 downstairs with three wires brown to 1, blue to 3 and earth to earth.

They would like to get a smart stat that would be used as a basic switch on/off. They have a old timer unit with the boiler (I haven’t seen this yet) but it isn’t used and is set to on so the hot water heats on demand and the heating is done solely from the Honeywell.

is there a Wi-fi/smart stat that can be installed with the existing cable providing the same basic on/off function but with remote app access?

Sponsored Links
if you simply want to control the CH with a smart stat then NestE is tha boy for you if you wnat to control the HW too that is a completely different ball game

Thanks Ian.

since posting I’ve done a bit of Googling and it does look like what you say is what I need - change the Honeywell wired stat with a heat link paired with a Nest stat.

It is just heating they want to switch on/off (they do this manually without any timers) and hot water is on demand.

Make sure you get the Nest E and not the nest they are not the same, the Nest E does not have a Heatlink the Nest does, if you want to use a heatlink you will have to run additional cables, the Nest E is battery powered and will just use the existing cable

Sponsored Links
Ok, didn’t pick that up. I watched the Nest wired starter video and they replaced a 3 wire stat (brown, blue earth) with the battery powered heat link and paired that with the mains powered stat.

Would the Nest E just be a straight replacement for the existing Honeywell t6363b1028 stat?

Just checked again and it was the Nest E with the Nest E heat link. Is this what you mean.

Just checked again and it was the Nest E with the Nest E heat link. Is this what you mean.
Yes the Nest E heat link is battery powered so you have enough wires there already, the Nest is mains powered so you would have to run cables

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back