Honeywell T40 Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - I replaced my Honeywell T40 thermostat with my Nest thermostat when I moved. It. My boiler is upstairs and my Honeywell thermostat was in a closet downstairs.

I am thinking of removing the Honeywell thermostat as it is no longer needed. Question I have is, would the thermostat be wired directly into the boiler or would the thermostat be ‘wireless’ and draw its power from somewhere else?

Thanks
912CB601-2BCD-407F-BF5D-EEAA9C2804FE.jpeg
EA7631CA-B60E-401C-8249-C75E8E6F19AB.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I replaced my Honeywell T40 thermostat with my Nest thermostat when I moved.
Ok.

It. My boiler is upstairs and my Honeywell thermostat was in a closet downstairs.
Daft place for a thermostat.

I am thinking of removing the Honeywell thermostat as it is no longer needed.
I thought you already had.

Question I have is, would the thermostat be wired directly into the boiler or would the thermostat be ‘wireless’ and draw its power from somewhere else?
The Honeywell is not wireless.

It might be wired direct to the boiler or to a valve.

Reactions: CBW
If you said what type of boiler/system we can advise better.

Sponsored Links
With a combi likely direct to boiler, with a system likely to the motorised valve, but as @EFLImpudence says, why is it still there and in a cupboard, is it some frost protection or similar?

Note no connection to terminal 2, this means the switch on and off temperature have a huge difference, this can with some systems help, in the main room temperature is controlled by the TRV,s, however they have a problem, unless the water is circulating, they can't tell the boiler what to do, so we need a wall thermostat to turn off the boiler in the summer. And a large differential helps with that.

I also have Nest Gen 3 and a thermostat like you show, the Nest tries, although not really very well, to control the main house, bit of a useless thermostat, but wanted one which could use the two existing wires to main house, and the other thermostat controls the flat under the house, they control the motorised valve which in turn controls a relay which in turn controls a pump and boiler, but heat link (Nest) also controls boiler direct for domestic hot water.

OK my house is maybe unusual as I can turn off the flat when not in use, but using a C Plan and yet have two pumps and two motorised valves, plus relays as only one set of contacts in the valves, and two pumps. But the point is we have no idea what is in your home, likely not as complex as mine, but how do we know?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back