Honeywell T6360 Compatability

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old British gas RS2 room stat and I have been given a new honeywell T6360 stat. The only wires I have to my old stat are
L - Red
N - Black

If i understand the diagram correctly for the new one, then i need to put the Live(red) wire into terminal 1 and the Neutral (black) wire into terminal 3.

The problem im having is my heating is not coming on now, do i have to put a link across anywhere or is the new thermostat not compatible with my wiring?

Sponsored Links
The two wires arent live and neutral, they will be live and switched live, no offense but you should get someone that understands boiler wiring.

You'll need three wires for the T6360 to work properly.

Probably will get a sparky to do it, I was hoping it would be a simple straight swap but no :(
Does anyone know of any stats that would be a straight swap, its just the current one is in a rubbish location and i dont fancy having a new wire chased into the wall to replace the old one or pay stupid money for a wireless one.

Sponsored Links
Probably will get a sparky to do it, I was hoping it would be a simple straight swap but no :(
Does anyone know of any stats that would be a straight swap, its just the current one is in a rubbish location and i dont fancy having a new wire chased into the wall to replace the old one or pay stupid money for a wireless one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back