Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I currently have this heating controller
88608_P.jpeg.jpg

I want to replace it with a hive system

Screenshot_20231016_183826_Facebook.jpg

My question is with my current thermostat receiver which would become obsolete is it just a case of followingg the wires back to their origin and removing them?
Screenshot_20231016_184832_Gallery.jpg

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
...or fit the Hive receiver in the same position as the Honeywell.

Edit: sorry, you're talking about the thermostat and not the controller. As above then!

...and the thermostat connections in the wiring centre will need bridging out.

I.e. the black and white cables connected to the A&B in the receiver will need joining together, either at the old receiver if the wiring is to be retained, or where they meet in the wiring centre.

Further edit:
That's why I was confused! The current thermostat is a wireless stat connected to a Honeywell R6660D receiver - The new receiver isn't replacing the old receiver :)

Last edited:
...or fit the Hive receiver in the same position as the Honeywell.

Edit: sorry, you're talking about the thermostat and not the controller. As above then!

...and the thermostat connections in the wiring centre will need bridging out.

I.e. the black and white cables connected to the A&B in the receiver will need joining together, either at the old receiver if the wiring is to be retained, or where they meet in the wiring centre.

Further edit:
That's why I was confused! The current thermostat is a wireless stat connected to a Honeywell R6660D receiver - The new receiver isn't replacing the old receiver :)
Thanks for your reply, yes you're correct the new isn't replacing the old. As for the live and neutral wires would they just be left in place in the old receiver, and then a/b in the same hole.

Sorry for the basic question just trying to save a few wuid on the install,

Sponsored Links
As for the live and neutral wires would they just be left in place in the old receiver, and then a/b in the same hole.
If you're happy for the old receiver to remain in place, and you don't want to delve into the wiring centre, then that's fine. :)

...it will still consume a miniscule amount of power though.

If you're happy for the old receiver to remain in place, and you don't want to delve into the wiring centre, then that's fine. :)

...it will still consume a miniscule amount of power though.
Many thanks, I'm going to take a proper look at the wiring centre tomorrow, thanks for your help (I may be back tomorrow )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back