Honeywell - Tuxedo vs Galaxy TouchCenter

I've been working on an API for the Galaxy VirtualKeypad software I provide in SelfMon. The software provides an AES secure connection to the panel Ethernet and an HTTPS web server with an API for calls like set/part set/night set/unset Etc. The API can be extended to perform many tasks. I currently have it running on a raspberry pi zero and will likely make it free to HA developers and SelfMon account holders who want to integrate their Galaxy with home automation.

Visible keypads will likely become something of yesteryear and more likely to be placed in a cupboard out of the way for use as a last resort. Security system control will then be achieved with multi factor authentication using combinations of things like apps, geofencing, audio command/recognition, facial recognition, bluetooth identification, Etc.

Sponsored Links
I've been working on an API for the Galaxy VirtualKeypad software I provide in SelfMon. The software provides an AES secure connection to the panel Ethernet and an HTTPS web server with an API for calls like set/part set/night set/unset Etc. The API can be extended to perform many tasks. I currently have it running on a raspberry pi zero and will likely make it free to HA developers and SelfMon account holders who want to integrate their Galaxy with home automation.

I had been considering using the AlarmDecoder project with either a DSC PowerSeries or Honeywell Vista panel. See https://www.alarmdecoder.com/index.php

It currently does not support newer panels like Galaxy ones especially as these are not sold in the US. If you are happy I would like to ask the developer of AlarmDecoder to look at your project with a view to using your work to add support for Galaxy panels to AlarmDecoder.

Do you have a GitHub repo or similar I could direct him to?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back