Honeywell two port closed valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I'm about to fit a Honeywell two port closed valve to my central heating system. I have two issues that I need advice about.

Just to clarify what I have in place. This is basically my set up.
- A Satchwell wall thermostat (dial temperature contol)
- A Honeywell multi-control unit for heating and hotwater (Continuous, Twice, Once, Off etc)

Now my problem:
The new Honeywell valve has an arrow stamped into the bottom of the valve body that I am presuming indicates the direction of the water flow. HELP - Which way should the arrow face? water flow away from the pump into the radiators or towards it?

The second problem is a little more difficult. The old Sunvic valve had five wires as does the new Honewell unit. However, the five wires in the Honeywell are not all the same colours as the old Sunvic.

This is the problem:
Sunvic Unit ----- Honeywell Unit
Orange --------- Orange
Blue ------------ Blue
Green/Yellow - Green/Yellow
White ---------- Brown
Yellow --------- Grey

Could someone please enlighten me as to what colours go together.

regards

juewuk

Sponsored Links
sounds like the sunvic is a motor open motor close not a spring return like the honeywell valve.

whats the number of the sunvic ? is it SM ---- ?

yellow is call for valve open - brown on the honeywell
white is call for valve closed - not used with the honeywell.

if i remember you'll have 3 wires in the termina blockl counting the white wire
on your sunvic valve ?

Sponsored Links
Sorry - I'm lost, bit of a beginner with heating electics (apologies).

The current state is: I have a five wires coming from various electric bits and pieces on the water/heating system, all going into a block conector that the old sunvic unit connected to - Orange, Blue, Green/Yellow, White, Yellow.

I need to wire the new Honeywell unit in to the connector block.
These are the five colours I have on the new Honeywell valve:
Orange
Blue
Green/Yellow
Brown
Grey

Are you saying that I need to connect the three matching colours that are the same, then match the brown to the yellow and isolate the white? What happens to the grey wire on the honeywell?

i know what you want but i can't see your wiring junction box.

Are you saying that I need to connect the three matching colours that are the same, then match the brown to the yellow and isolate the white? What happens to the grey wire on the honeywell?

no
i'm asking where the white gos into the connector block is their another 2 wires connected to it ?

or give us a pic of the wiring.

Hi. I've managed to get three reasonably good pictures.

The old Sunvic unit was running into the connector block shown in the picture 'like for like' according to the colour of each wire, basically a continuation of the white five core cable.

The Honeywell unit (black five core) now needs to go into the connector in place of the old Sunvic, but the colours are not all the same.

The other picture shows my set up. Two zone valves. one for hot water and one for heating. You can also see the pump just above the two valves.

Does this help?

wanted a pic of the cable in the wiring centre where it joins the others together.

Sorry lost me again. Is the wiring centre the white box that is to the left of the pump. This is where all the cables runs back to?

I have taken pictures of the centre as requested. The two pics are the same, but one has the cables numbered so you know where they go to on the system. Working from the bottom left in an anti-clockwise direction. cable 1 goes to the Honeywell valve that I'm trying to wire up. cable 2 goes to the remaining Sunvic valve, cable 3 goes to the 13amp power supply, cable 4 goes to the pump, cable 5 goes to the wall thermostat, cable 6&7 go to the wall mounted control unit, cable 8 to a water temperature device mounted on the side of the hot water cyclinder.

Orange --------- Orange
Blue ------------ Blue
White ---------- Brown
Yellow --------- Grey

Could someone please enlighten me as to what colours go together.

regards

juewuk

the following can be connected as such
Orange --------- Orange
Blue ------------ Blue
yellow ---------- Brown

now stop

the white on the old sunvic unit is connected to the thermostat satisfied terminal, the honeywell does not need this so disconnect it/make safe
the honeywell grey needs to be connected to a permanent live so connect the grey in with the brown of cable 3

Matt

edited to correct glaring mistake spotted by seco! :oops:

now stop

the yellow on the old sunvic unit is connected to the thermostat satisfied terminal,

yellow opens stat call
white closes stat satisfied

if i remember.

get rid of that extra length of wire and join the new cable straight to the wiring centre.
fit your earth neutral.

wiring centre------------------------- honeywell valve.
from left

term 3 remove yellow.-------------------fit the brown.
term 8 remove white. -------------------fit grey in term 9

the y/gr & blue left in term 8 are heating satisfied they are not used now.

Thanks again for your ongoing support and persistence. It is very much appreciated. Will try it tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back