Honeywell V4073A mid position motorised valve problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

looking for abit of advice to resolve my minor emergency.

i have a "Y" plan central heating system that uses a honeywell V4073A mid posiiton motorised valve. i have only moved into my new house about 2 weeks ago, but have been doing it up for some time.

when i first bought the property it had the classic no CH without HW problem. when i went up into the loft to investigate i found that the lever on the valve was completly loose (offered no resistance at all). this obviously wasnt a good sign so i replace the whole valve as it was pretty old anyway. the new valves lever offered resistance in one way, then returned back to its original posisition, as i would except it to. i fitted the new valve the day i moved it and its worked a treat for the last 2 weeks.

as of saturday the problem of no CH without HW has come back. and with another visit up the loft the lever has gone loose again.

anyone have any ideas of a solution? could the spring have come off to return the valve to its normal position? and if so, why is it happening? i cant keep replacing the valve every few week.

any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

The manual lever that is used for filling/draining down will always be loose until you turn off the power. You will then feel a restriction as you push it down slowly, this is because you are turning the motor spindle. When you let go of the lever it should return by itself to the top of the slot. :)

when the new valve came out the box the lever did have that action where you push it one way to slowly move the motor, then it returned on its own.

now the valve is fitted, and seemingly not working, the lever does not have any resistance either way.

is that how it is ment to be?

Sponsored Links
Then it sounds like the valve is poss jammed.

Remove the cover and check the springs.
If ok remove the actuator from the brass valve and check the spindle turns freely.

Crud in a system can jam a valve.

If you isolate your mains elecy by the fused switch then the valve should fall to default of hw open heating closed then the lever should have resistance.

If not then as said the springs poss come off or the valves jammed in the brass section.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back