Honeywell V4073A mid position valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
Not sure if this is a daft question, but hopefully someone can advise me anyway.
I have recently installed a Drayton programmer LP522 and a motorised Honeywell valve V4073a mid position valve, into a Y plan heating set up.
Everything seems to be working ok, hot water, heating, both etc, when selected, apart from when the programmer times out of the programme setting, the motorised valve does not reset to inactive default condition, but stays in the last energised position.
The Honeywell helpline engineeer tells me that this is the way its meant to operate, since there is still 240v from the programmer hot water off contact to the grey cable of the motorised valve, holding it in its last energised position, but surely its not good practice to leave the motorised valve permanently energised ( risk of overheating, fire etc.). Also the house the system is installed in is not regularly occupied, so I am a bit concerned to leave the heating system in this state.
Is this the correct way for the motorised valve to operate, or have I missed something in the wiring set up? Appreciate any advice you can pass on.

Sponsored Links
That is how it operates, it will stay in that position until either hot water is called for or it is turned off at the programmer.

Sponsored Links
It will remain de-energised after a dhw only run as in summer use anyway. Not a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back