Honeywell Y Plan Not sure if working correctly

Sponsored Links
Model is RS125, GC number is 41-621-07
Can't find a manual for that GC number. It must either be very old or could you have written it down wrongly.? Who is the manufacturer as show on the data plate?

Other versions of the Mexico RS125 have an output which can be adjusted between 30kW and 36KW. That is a very high output, unless the house is extremely large or has poor insulation.

Unfortunately installers tended to put in very large boilers to make sure that the customer couldn't complain that the house was too cold. That was OK when gas was cheap and "The Gas Board" had a monopoly.

You can find out what size boiler you really need by using the Whole House Boiler Size Calculator. You may get a surprise.

Hi, it says "Stelrad Ideal Mexico 2 RS125" on the stickers. Most of the rads are stelrad too. The GC number is correct as far as I can tell (the sticker is a bit hard to see).

The house is fairly large - on a cold day the boiler needs to be set to 4.5/5 to get every rad hot. The insulation is OK, but could be better (where couldn't).

Cheers

Hi, it says "Stelrad Ideal Mexico 2 RS125" on the stickers. Most of the rads are stelrad too. The GC number is correct as far as I can tell (the sticker is a bit hard to see).
The correct number is 41-421-07, but I can't locate a manual for that exact model.

A setting of 4-5 is approximately equivalent to a temperature between 71C and 77C, which is good.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again

Currently have it set midway between 4 and 5

As its been colder, havent noticed it coming on for short periods. The radiators sometimes only get luke warm since the stat was installed but thats all thats needed i guess.

I think the system is probably working ok, i'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back