Honeywell "Y" Plan System

Softus said:
If the MZV is not operating as you would expect, then determine whether or not the electrical supply to it behaves as you would expect according to your room thermostat and cylinder thermostats.

Sponsored Links
If u turn off the power & remove the tin cover off the valve u will see a small synchron motor that can be replaced quiet easily as long as u dont drop the tiny screw./s. u can remove the whole head to do this but only if the valve is the new type. not sure when they stopped makin the old one s softus may tel us that he, s a mine of infomation.

... and some of the information is even useful :D

Honeywell changed to the "removable head" model in 1986.

Given that u think its about 20 yr old if u can get at it try changing the motor with the head on. only 2 wires that u CAN'T get wrong.

Sponsored Links
You can tell the 'new' ones by the fact that they have dimple on the 'top' of the metal head casing.

Thanks for the extra info guys - the motor's dead easy to get too, not at home at the moment so I don't for sure if it's a removable one but I'm 99% certain it is.

Another fault can also cause you to have your problem when demanding CH only even when motor functions.
Faulty micro switch of which there are two. One switches from the white wire supply to the grey wire supply. and one introduces a supply to the boiler via the orange wire. A fault on the first switch won't get you past the mid point, on the second switch you will pass mid point ok but won't get any supply to the boiler even though valve has gone to fully open position.
Can you not test the valve for the two separate movements A to A/B, then A/B to B.
I had this problem caused by the second micro switch. the good news was a replacement head cured it. the bad news was the old head was dismantled, micro switch contact points cleaned and now works ok, so £38 to have a spare head
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just a quick thank you to all who posted on here - changed the synchro motor last Friday and everythings back to normal!

Thanks again!

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back