Hooked the Tv up to the Thermostate :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was a while back, but chased in a new power socket in the kitchen for a 17" flat screen wall mounted TV.

In the attic above the kitchen (Bungalow), traced the nearest circuit and plumbed in to the existing spur.

Could not for the life of me figure why there was no power, so left it for a while and then as if by magic the TV came on, this had me puzzled for a while until i released that the previous owners had somehow hooked up the hallway thermostat with power cable and when i spured in to that and when the thermostat switched on it sent power to the TV. Never new that the thermostat would send that amount of power to power a TV?? So i undid what I did and found the correct Circuit.

Thank god we moved :)

Still to this day i have never lived it down!!!

Sponsored Links
Reminds me of a house I once owned in Amersham. Had had gas central heating installed with a Baxi Bermuda combined fire/back boiler. When you switched on the lights in the fire surround they went on and off with the heating. :LOL:

Went to a house once after lady said shower worked intermittently.
Tests all the circuits and found it had been wired into the bedroom light in the next room. When someone went in and turned the light on the shower worked .
How did I work that out?

Was standing on the landing discussing it with the lady when her son came up and went into the bedroom. As he put the light on we heard the shower come on and all the other lights went dim! :eek:
Turns out the spark had put the lights on a 15amp rewireable fuse after they kept blowing!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back