hooking up wunda underfoor heating to a glowworm combi boile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Purchased a small flat,alterations approved.

The existing boiler is a gloworm betecom 30c combi.Sorry not sure if its 24k or 28k.

Hopeing to lay the wundufloor overfloor system in the flat.This I can fit myself but I want to get a plumber in to connect it up to this boiler.

The question is can I(wundafloor say it works with all boilers,but they would say that),is it a relatively straightforward job and how much would a plumber charge for a fair price?

Should mention will be removing 2 existing rads in the living room,but leaving the other 2(one in bedroom and one in bathroom).
Many thanks you lovely people

Sponsored Links
Yes it can work, but it is pointless asking how much.

Could be anything from a couple of hours work upwards and depends on many variables not limited to:

Control strategy
Layout/access
Parking
Where you are in the world
How good your tea is.

Wundafloor can give you a price for material you need just call or email the size or drawings of your flat, i know you want to spend less as possible. Where is the boiler located? He needs to run 2- 22mm copper pipe and different zones for manifold. And maybe will add extras like expansion vessel, bypass and inhibitor etc. so you need a gas safe engineer to make sure the boiler is safe to use and depends on the floor might be floor boards or laminate cause' it matters. Hope it helps

cheers lads.

Boilers in a cupboard just off the living area,fairly low down so might be a bit fiddily for him.

Floor is the acoustic panels under a laminate,will get the plan from wundafloor,easy enough to lay down.Its all gonna be just in an open plan area ,about 28sqm.just need a gas safe guy to come out and hook it all up for me.

I make good tea:cool:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back