Hoover fridge freezer clicking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

my Hoover HVBF5182AWK f/f emits a rapid (~3 or 4 per second) clicking when it's in the cooling cycle. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing it? There's nothing obvious at the back of the unit and I've taken off the rear cover inside the freezer and checked the fan which seems to be OK. The unit appears to be working fine.

TIA.

Sponsored Links
I've had another look and the sound might be coming from a white plastic box with wires coming in/out that is situated on the right hand side of the compressor. Can anyone tell me what that box is called, please?

2vl1ssj.jpg

dy3cib.jpg

it's probably the starter. Very common fault. There's a sort of relay in it. If it's started clicking I'd suspect it will fail soon. Luckily it is a relatively cheap part and fairly easy to replace. Your local repairman can do it or if you are handy and careful, probably a DIY job. Unplug it first, of course, and clean out the drip dish as it will start to defrost. When I did mine I think there was one screw and then plug-in connectors (different make) and I bought a spare but never needed it.

look here https://www.espares.co.uk/search?SearchTerm=HVBF 5182AWK

possibly https://www.espares.co.uk/search/ma107/hoover?SearchTerm=starter if you can see a part number

If you note the make and model of your appliance, have a look on utube at "fridge starter" and you will see examples. You can order them online or there may be a local shop.

The retailer you bought it from might also have a spares dept.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back