Hoover fridge freezer drains water onto floor - by design?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently bought a new Hoover 'frost-free' fridge freezer. In a nutshell, water drains from inside the fridge onto the floor at the back of the unit. Now everything appears to be working as it should (it's only been in use for a week) but looking at the back of the unit, it appears that the water simply drains onto the compressor unit, runs down that and onto the floor.

My question is, is this by design? I can find no evidence that there should be any kind of container to catch the drips. I find it difficult to believe that something would be designed to leak water straight onto a kitchen floor. I don't recall this happening on previous unit but then they didn't have this 'frost-free' feature.

Any advice (even if it's 'yeah, they all do that!') or enlightenment would be appreciated. My plan is to attach a pipe to the drain hole and put that into a container that I can at least pull out and empty as necessary - would that be a good or a bad idea?

TIA,
H.

Sponsored Links
Should have a tray on the compressor to catch the water. Then heat from that will evaporate the water. Looks like tray is missing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back