hoover HED 6612 not completing cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above dishwasher for around 3 years, with a 2/3 uses per week.

The problem is on cycle 4 (this is the daily cycle) it does not complete the full cycle, it does prewash and the wash cycle, and then switches off, when i open the door there is dirty water at the bottom of the dishwasher left over from cleaning (that’s why i think it does not go to rinse)

It has been used on cycle 4 for all of its life

the filters are cleaned on a regular basis

It seems to work ok on the other washes 'economy' and 'quick wash' (not tried all of the other long washes)

Any ideas what could be the problem

thanks

Sponsored Links
Does it heat the water? if not check the wires on the heater, and in the door. Don't know model but there may be a "cut out" on the heater.

Good luck

Colin

Does it heat the water? if not check the wires on the heater, and in the door. Don't know model but there may be a "cut out" on the heater.

Good luck

Colin

its heating it ok, it sdoes the pre-wash, then does the wash cycle and then just stops dead

Does it do a long wash? Is it an electronic timer or a knob you turn (click click click) to select program?

Colin

Sponsored Links
Does it do a long wash? Is it an electronic timer or a knob you turn (click click click) to select program?

Colin

never tried a long wash as it takes so much time, but it does complete a quick wash and economy wash ok, it has a click type circular knob to select the program

It is an electronic programmer.

Can you try the long wash!!
Does it stop in the wash or the rinse, is the water hot when it stops. After it's been on for 5Mins open the door and see how much water is in it, no water will come out it is below the level of the door.
IF it starts a long wash, one with a prewash, when it pumps out AFTER the prewash add 2 bags of descaler, I use Oust from Robert Dyas. Put the machine back on for 15Mins then switch it off and leave it for an hour then switch back on and let it complete.

Colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back