Hoover HMA28SK Fridge Freezer Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

Over the weekend my fridge freezer decided that it wanted to claim my over time that I got this month. I noticed the fridge had become warm and some items had defrosted in the freezer.

It needed defrosted as the ice had built up a bit so I defrosted the freezer over a few hours and then started it back up. I also hovered the grills on the back.

The freezer started to get cold, the fins were very cold and seemed to be cooling correctly but the fridge compartment is staying warm. I left the fridge freezer on for a few hours. On my return the freezer had got warmer but the fridge was still warm and the compressor constantly runs. I have left it off at the moment.

The question is, is it out of gas or a thermostat problem? Its an 8 year old fridge but it is worth saving if it can be. I did a bit of Googleing and there are plenty of threads regarding blocked pipes and fans which have stopped working but as far as I can see there are no pipes or fans.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time!

Sponsored Links
I think you should have let it defrost completely, 24 hours minimum as a starting point.

I turned it back on about an hour ago after a 24 hour wait, the fridge is down to 2 degrees but the fridge is still warm with no temperature change at all!

Am I right in thinking that the freezer does not run off the same thermostat as the fridge? To me, it does sound like a thermostat problem but what I don’t get is why the compressor is constantly running.

When I switch it on you could hear the normal sound it makes but after about an hour the tone has changed and its more of a buzzing sound which I’ve not heard before. When I turned the fridge up to the coolest setting the buzzing tone didn’t change but it did click and clonk quite a bit so something happened but the fridge still remains warm!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back