Hoover washer dryer safety TOC - one side tripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning ladies and gents,

Wonder if I could pick the brains of some of you appliance knowledgeable people?!

Our Hoover WDXCE4852 washer dryer would not heat up. Removed top and found the safety TOC tripped. This safety TOC is a dual unit, with one switch breaking the line and one breaking the neutral. Only the line switch had tripped. Checked operation of fan motor, fan wheel, control thermistor (reading 11k ohms at room temp). Removed top of the heater duct and it was clean inside. Condenser box clear. I reset the trip and started a drying cycle. Within 10 minutes the trip had gone again.

Is it normal for only one side of the TOC to trip? Both sides are reading the temperature from the same place on the hot air duct so would assume that if one reads over temp then the other would to. I realise the two switches will not be 100% identical in terms of exacting temperature that they’ll cut out. Other than this, I can’t fond anything else wrong so at a loss.

Sponsored Links
Swap the 2 TOC's over and see if the same one keeps tripping, (probably does), in which case fit a new one to each.
They don't cost much and I was advised many years ago to always change both at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back