Hoover VHV781C dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. Have a Hoover VHV781C vented dryer. It's displaying an E15 error code which indicates an issue with overheat and the cut outs (has green dot on top).

Machine will run for a few mins then stop and display E15.

At the back on the top of the heater unit there is what looks like a stat and a cut out. Both read closed circuit unit the machine stops. The cut out then reads o/c unit it cools down. It clicks then reads closed again.

So, I'm assuming that the stat has died closed and when the machine overheats as a last resort the cut out kicks in and it throws the error code.

However, I've been reading somewhere about a one shot front TOC that may be fitted to this machine. Can't see from the top where it is, can't see it as a spare anywhere. So guessing this is a red herring ?

In which case changing the stat seems the right way to go, can anyone knowledgeable confirm ?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

Have you checked first that there might be something causing the overheating. Check for any blockages in the venting system and also check that the fans are working correctly before changing the stats.

Hi

Right,I've cleaned out the machine and I'm sure there is no blockage. I've run it without the vent fitted to be sure it's not that.

I've changed the front TOC with a gen part, little different resistance, old read 30k, new 25k. Checked wiring, connections etc. Still getting E15 error after about 5 mins of running.

The only thing I can see is that when this happens the stat on the back, in the heater housing goes open circuit, after a couple of mins it seems to reset fine though. This is the stat with the green dot on it.

Is it worth changing the stat, or other ideas, or is it likely the board has gone ?

Thanks

Forgot to mention, fan seems to run fine, no dirt on face of stats & TOC etc.

Sponsored Links
Checked and checked again. It throws the E15 code after about 5 mins when the dryer switches to reverse rotation.

Hi,
Just wondering if you have managed to resolve the E15 error problem? My machine has been doing exactly the same as you describe. I have replaced the element and thermostat. Thought I'd sorted the issue but, after a few minutes, got the E15 message! If you solved your problem, would you mind letting me know how. Many thanks. rio2104

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back