ZWD1480 Zanussi washer dryer stops at start of drying cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ZWD1480

Washer dryer stops within 30 seconds of starting drying cycle - no error code displayed. Washing fine - no unusual noises.

Entered diagnostic mode - no error codes on 10th setting - performed dryer test mode - heated up nicely based on the display and to touch on the top - no problems

Opened machine - ran dryer diagnostic again - fan span up OK + heater has 230V across both elements. Then I ran a drying cycle - drain OK, wait a minute or so then listening I hear the condensor solenoid buzzing lightly but no water entering. Every 2 mins or so the machine tries the solenoid - ad infinitum.

No error codes but possible faulty condensor water solenoid ? Or something else entirely ?

TIA

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: Guess I should check for open circuit on solenoid although it should give an E10 if it is. I wonder if its not open circuit but failed enough to not actuate ?

Will give it a go later - thoughts appreciated in the mean time though !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back