Fault with AEG L12700VIT washer dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know much about washer dryers, hence the following :cry:

I've just got home from work and was greeted with a very feint buzzing. I tracked this down to our washer dryer (AEG L12700VIT).
It had stopped mid cycle and as I said, was emitting a feint buzz.
Also the door is locked (not surprised).

I've tried a reset but this doesn't activate the door solenoid.
I've also tried drain and spin programs but nothing happens - just the feint buzz.

No fault codes are displayed.

Any ideas? Pump?

Sponsored Links
Could be your door switch is history, they have a nasty habit of taking out the PCB when it happens.

check the pump for a coin .also is the cold water suppy on.

Yes, cold water fine. The door solenoid is working fine now :?:

How well would the drum hold the water if I turn the machine upside down to gain access to the pump? I emptied as much as possible by unscrewing the filter at the bottom of the machine.

Scrap that - I'll turn it over and find out!

Sponsored Links
oh dear :eek: no need to tip upside down just lay it back a bit , you can do untold damage upside down .

I've got to the pump but god knows how you would get to it without full access from the bottom :?:

Anyway, there seems to be 2 pumps.
I've disconnected both and bench tested them. One runs fine though far from smooth. Is that how they're supposed to run, almost jittery like?
The other is goosed. It needs flicking round to start.

One thing I'm wondering....would a faulty pump stop the machine from going into spin cycle or indeed a new wash cycle?
I assume there's a sensor which detects water hasn't been drained.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back