AEG washer dryer not heating L75670WD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My AEG washer dryer is not heating on the dryer cycle. The model number is L75670WD. I previously had a few error messages and had it 'fixed'. Now Im not getting error messages, everything seems to be working fine but no heat when drying. I have tried cleaning the filter and this doesn't work. I have read a few articles about it being tripped. Is there a red reset button on this model? Could this be the problem?

Sponsored Links
You will need to investigate, because mine is an Hotpoint, which had the same problem, but.... In my own case...

Unplug it. Take the top cover off, and look for a large alloy box shaped casting, ducted to the main washer compartment. In there will be the heating element for the dryer. Somewhere mounted on that metal casing, with be a thermal trip, designed to trip if the element over heats. It will be small, round and silver where it clamps to the case, held by a clamp, with two terminals. If you have a meter, test for continuity across the terminals, if it's open circuit/ high resistance, it has tripped..

There are three styles of trip, one with a tiny reset button which can be reset with a suitably small screwdriver; one with just a tiny hole, which can be very carefully reset by gentle pressure from a watchmakers type screwdriver; then finally a type which has no means to reset it - you are supposed to just fit a new item, however..

If you very carefully drill a tiny (1mm?) sized hole through the centre of the plastic side on top, between the terminals, without going too far through and damaging the bi-metal disk under it, you can then reset it with a screwdriver as above. There might be a dimple, where you need to drill it.

What ever style, the disk is bi-metal, and when they trip, the disk switches on over heat by changing from concave to convex. You will feel a click as it springs back to concave. This sort of thing...

1664815914749.png

Thank you both for your replies. (Sorry I have only just read them I was waiting for an email notification when I got any). I will try these solutions...

Sponsored Links
Thank you both for your replies. (Sorry I have only just read them I was waiting for an email notification when I got any). I will try these solutions...

Do let us all know how you get on, in another thread I am doing my own battle, replacing the drum bearings of my washer dryer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back