AEG washer dryer unable to open door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I have an AEG washer dryer and i can not open the door. It was doing a drying cycle clicked ready to open but when pull handle although it moves the door won't budge. Any ideas???/

Sponsored Links
door handle poss snapped inside ,remove lid and reach inside to lock and flick it open .

D
Hello I have an AEG washer dryer and i can not open the door. It was doing a drying cycle clicked ready to open but when pull handle although it moves the door won't budge. Any ideas???/

Do you know if the door release actuator is mechanical or electrical (solenoid)?

Sponsored Links
Both usually

They seem to use a wax cartridge interlock. The wax cartridge is electrically heated, expands, which interlocks locks the door, then - even if power is lost to the machine, you have to wait for the cartridge to cool, and contract, before the door can be released.

The idea is, it ensures the door cannot be opened, even if power is lost, for several seconds, by which time, the drum will have stopped spinning.

I would guess, the wax cartridge may have failed/jammed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back