AEG L14850 Washer/Dryer - Drying takes longer suddenly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 3-year-old AEG L14850 washer/dryer's drying now takes longer and not as effective as before.

It has started a few months back when autodrying function stopped working resulting in AEG running the whole drying time cycle rather than stopping when clothes reached a certain level of dryness and as the result overdrying clothes.

I switched to using manual timer, as the machine is not under the warranty any more, and it worked fine for us. However, over the last two weeks I've noticed that the drying takes twice as long if not more than before for the same garments.

I am guessing there was an initial problem with the sensor, and now, possibly with a heating element, but not sure.

Are there any easy checks I can make to troubleshoot this and see if I can fix this myself. Otherwise I would be looking for a new washer/dryer. Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back