Zanussi washer dryer, drying cycle stops after a minute...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...unless drain filter removed.

I have a Zanussi ZJD 125 washer/dryer, probably about 15 years old so no display screen with error codes etc.

When a drying cycle is selected, the cycle starts as normal, 'drying' light goes on, hot fan runs, drum tumbles etc for about a minute. Then the 'drying' light goes off, the setting selector knob clicks off and the the machine stops, despite x minutes still being selected on the drying timer knob.

However, I have discovered that the dryer works normally when I remove the drain filter (and then stops after about a minute if I put it back in). The filter is well cleaned.

Can anyone diagnose this and offer any advice on what to do? Also what are the implications of running the dryer with the filter removed?

I think this fault coincided with a wash where a pair of knickers (black) was ripped to shreds and the 2 subsequent washes were covered in mysterious white bits of fluff or something. Perhaps this fault is related...something stuck in the machine outlets somewhere or something. Not sure why removing the filter solve the issue though.

Sponsored Links
no idea really but because removing the filter will increase the airflow
i would suspect there's a blockage some where else either another filter or part blockage and the filter out allows just enough air flow to stop it overheating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back