hoover washer won\\\'t stop filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a hoover washer/dryer and only at certain stages of a wash it just keeps filling up and won't stop..most times it fills with water it is ok..can anyone help please before i end up with a swimming pool in my kitchen..thanks

Sponsored Links
only at certain stages? wouldn't be on a wool prog would it?

it happens at certain stages of any programme..not just a woolen one.. :cry:

oh.

in that case then it is one of several things

pressure switch faulty

pressure chamber full up with "gunk"

the pressure chamber can be found at the other end of the pipe that goes to the pressure switch

i would check that first, as its likely and free to fix it, seeing as you only have to clean it out

Sponsored Links
do you know where i can find the pressure switch and chamber..or what they look like..are they actually inside the machine..useless aren't i.. :rolleyes:

differnt brands look different, so i can not tell you exactly :cry:

how ever the presssure chamber is a "bottle" on the side or front of the outer drum, it will be towards the bottom, it will have a pipe leading from it to a pressure switch (round thing) but un plug the m/c FIRST

i forgot to mention how it works.

the pressure chamber fills up with water slowly, the air which is trapped operates the pressure switch , the pressure switch turns the fill valves off, so if yours is over filling either the pressure switch is at fault, or the pressure chamber is blocked / partialy blocked

I belive the pressure chamber is located on the rear of the drum so you need to pull the machine out and whip the rear cover off. This should give you access to the rear of the drum. (unplug the supply)look through the drum pulley and at the bottom there should be a small plastic bottle fixed to the drum by a spring clip or jubilee clip with a small bore pipe coming off the top of it up to a disk shaped device with four-ish wires connected to it. The plastic bottle is the place to start detatch it at both ends and clean it out. Check that the tube into the drum is clear and blow lightly into the tube upto the pressure switch listen to hear if it clicks, it should click three times I belive.

i'd just like to say thanks for all your help it has been useful..my other half is going to take a little look at it so hopefully we won't have to pay a fortune for someone to fix it..if you like i can keep you informed of the outcome..thanks again i really appreciate your help.. :D

Something I forgot to add be careful that when reassembled the pipe up to the pressure switch does not come into contact with the or the pulley will wear a hole in the pipe and it will leak.
Yeah keep us posted.

well i located the pressure chamber and it was clean..i blew gently and it clicked twice..i put everything back and twice i used it and it was fine so i thought great..but then it started again :( ..if it was the pressure switch would it not overflow all the time?..i dunno :confused: ..i think it has a mind of it's own

sometimes the contacts in the switch stick so that water keeps filling. I would replace it but make a not of which wires go where. (are you sure that the pipe leading to the switch hasnt got a tiny crack or hole in it)?

loopyshell said:
well i located the pressure chamber and it was clean..i blew gently and it clicked twice..

now that was clever, the pressure chamber should be empty,the pressure switch should click

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back