Hopefully a quick cooker instal question

does 26A vs (probably) 20A not represent a bit of an electrical difference?
Technically, I suppose that is true but as neither appliance can create an overload I would not be concerned.

I am surprised the igniter is said to require a 13A fuse - 3A would be adequate - a 13A flex being supplied and the reason, I presume.
Although, considering the demand for a NICEIC installer, perhaps the other instructions are not best thought out

Were it not a DIY forum, I would propose a different connection method.

Sponsored Links
does 26A vs (probably) 20A not represent a bit of an electrical difference?
Technically, I suppose that is true but as neither appliance can create an overload I would not be concerned.
True, but with the '20A' (if that's what it is) option, the designer has no control over what the loads are - which could theoretically be as high as 26A!
I am surprised the igniter is said to require a 13A fuse - 3A would be adequate - a 13A flex being supplied and the reason, I presume. Although, considering the demand for a NICEIC installer, perhaps the other instructions are not best thought out.
Indeed, although BS7671 theoretically does not give one the option, I would feel inclined to take all of these MIs with a pinch of (common sense) salt!
Were it not a DIY forum, I would propose a different connection method.
So would I - but not 'in public' in any sort of forum! For the OP's situation, either of the options that have been mentioned would obviously be fine.

Kind Regards, John

Thanks so much for all the replies. It's really appreciated.

I had been leaning toward the double socket, but now thinking about it space may well be an issue. And I don't really want to be cutting in to units as they've only just gone in and been put in very tidily. Will have a look at available space and decide where to go when I get home.

Although I am now very intrigued by these "Other" methods :evil:

Sponsored Links
Absolutely fair enough. One thing I do know about electricity is that it's not something to get wrong :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back