hoping our pets wont be destroyed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This bird flu thing...

we have free range hens and pet geese that also roam.

The children are worried about what they hear on the news.
Of course if there is any risk to peoples health then our birds must go but its sad really.

Not sure what sort of life it would be confining our geese to a shed... or our chucks.

Unlike farmers and foot and mouth,
I believe there will no compensation if birds have to be culled and there will no pay outs to provide housing or clean the current housing!!

Sponsored Links
already... we have had phone calls from pals etc mentioning the geese, (more than the hens)
I think its because the geese remind people of swans a little and are more noticable than the hens.

Anyway... already we are getting friendly(at the moment) but pointing the finger remarks about our poor geese!!!

I feel like we will have to catch the monkeys for their own protection!!!

I heard on the news this evening, that there is no need to panic at the moment, and this morning, I heard that the goverment dont want to make the same mistake with Bird Flu like they did with the Mad Cow Culling.

Sponsored Links
toffe s
tart worrying when they have hankies out
an scarfs an wooly hats on
an quacking for beechams ..lol :)

Now, now steady on behave Moz...............you don't want to have a heart attack!!!

(whats wrong with the quote button? - I couldn't quote from this thread.....it said 'replies only to this post')

JulieL/B said:
Now, now steady on behave Moz...............you don't want to have a heart attack!!!

(whats wrong with the quote button? - I couldn't quote from this thread.....it said 'replies only to this post')

:eek:

Spark123 - the post by Moz was deleted whilst I was replying (I think)

Mods removed it - it was one of Moz's rude & cheeky posts!! (nudge, nudge, wink, wink!!) :LOL: :LOL:

moz... I missed what ever you put that was deleted which is frustrating.

toffee said:
This bird flu thing...

we have free range hens and pet geese that also roam.

The children are worried about what they hear on the news.
Of course if there is any risk to peoples health then our birds must go but its sad really.

Not sure what sort of life it would be confining our geese to a shed... or our chucks.

Unlike farmers and foot and mouth,
I believe there will no compensation if birds have to be culled and there will no pay outs to provide housing or clean the current housing!!

i must addmit that i am worried to, i have 16 chickens and i have had them 4 weeks.It seems that every thing i go into goes t.its up, do you remember the on digital boxes with free veiw a few years ago bought myself a load of these and guese what the company whent bust within two days of me buying these things
looks like the chickens are next but i wont give mine up without a fight.

Sponsored Links
Back