Horizontal Soil Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Plumbing for garage conversion, There is a new branch located at entrance of conversion which at later date will be connected to main soil pipe. Main worry is toilet soil pipe running along a 6m long wall to connect into branch, what should the fall be? I should imagine will be prone to blockages as length? Any other suggestions. Waste pipe for Shower/basin will be running parallel with this and will be using 40mm pipe, again any sugg`s. Will this block?

Sponsored Links
1:40.......or less if you can`t get that : I put a similar soil pipe in my last house..not 1 blockage in 20 years ;) You can get bends and tees with acess plugs :idea: Use 50mm for the waste Put a Durgo air valve on the head of the new soil pipe.better still vent it if you can run it up the building.

Just to add to Nige Fs reply; don't be tempted to go for a steep fall just because the stack is running a long way. Too steep may result in bowl U bend being sucked empty when you flush...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back