Horrible Feature Wall

Joined
3 Oct 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Country
United Kingdom
Hey

I’m looking to remove this horrendous thing on my wall, safely. It is firmly attached to the wall by some means and I’m just not sure how to take it apart and get it off the wall ideally without destroying the wall! Obviously there’s going to be some damage as it is unavoidable. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks
image.jpg
 
Assuming that you don’t want to reuse the timber, most/all of the horizontal shelves can probably be easily knocked out by hammer. Start where you have most space and don’t go mad. Hard to see if the back is sheet or wall.
A small saw like a jigsaw or small plunge saw might help with bigger bits.
You won’t be able to tell if the majority is screwed or pinned until you start.
Once you end up with a frame, cut towards the wall midway on both sides and lever towards the middle gently.
 
Hah, I faced something very similar earlier in the year, but luckily with single layer mdf board. I can't tell you the best way todo this, but I can tell you what I did. I used a jigsaw and made cuts on each side of a joint to free up a board partition and then basically crack them out so they release from the back. So then bit by bit you move along and hollow out the inside that you just end of with the outside frame. My outside frame was glued and screwed into the wall so required some redecorating afterwards. This was actually the project.
 
How is it joined together? Use a magnet to search for screws; if it is screwed then you can unscrew it.

It may have been assembled horizontally and then lifted up to attach to the wall. See if you can work out how it is fixed to the wall, are there any brackets? What is behind the wide bits at the top and right side? You may be able to unscrew it from the wall and just pull it away! Or more likely not. But do try to work out how it is joined etc.
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top