Horstmann BX2000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Im an electrician and have a customer with a faulty Horstmann BX2000 hot water controller.

This basically has on peak supply, off peak supply, 1 hour boost, 2 hour boost, controls 1 imersion element, has an on peak switch and off peak switch.

The customer wants the cheapest possible replacement unit as a new Horstmann BX2000 unit is £51.45 + VAT from TLC direct

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HOBX2000.html

Please can anyone tell me a cheaper replacement unit and also where I can buy it preferably online.

Thanks
Alex

Sponsored Links
Hi Alex

You get what you pay for, and IMHO you're unlikely to find anything reliable for less than what you've quoted.

For example, I've just replaced a faulty Horstmann Economy 7 Quartz IH timer, that the customer said had been fine for about 15 years. Since Horstmann still make the unit, I just bought him a new one and fitted it in the same backbox.

For him, the total cost of this work amounted to about 2p per day over those 15 years...

Got to agree .trying to help customers by fitting cheaper & lower quality items can often come back & bite u on the bum. I only try to fit the best quality items i can buy because its not my money. as long as u ar'nt ripping people off with the price its in there best interest to have a reliable unit that you won't have u go'in bak for free.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back