Horstmann F322m Motorised Valve

C

cmother1

Hi. A word of warning to all: don't buy one of these valves. They have a design fault which the manufacturer seems unable or unwilling to fix.
The valve will stick in the mid position when H/W is being demanded, but the C/H is satisfied. The result is that that the radiator temperature soars, even though the room stat has clicked off, until the H/W is satisfied and the boiler cuts out. This can take quite a while if you've a lot of radiators. The quick fix is to whack the valve or waggle the lever to induce it to "un-stick".
I've had 3 of these valves (+ 1 of their predecessor) and all have had exactly the same problem. The manufacturer has never admitted that this is a known fault, but equally has never quibbled about supplying a replacement (even out of warranty!). However who wants a replacement if it's just as duff as the last.
If you don't believe me take a look at the 10 reviews of this product on the Screwfix website (catalogue number 93941). For some reason they wouldn't publish mine, though it was no more scathing than some of the ones already there. Why they still stock this product is a complete mystery.
I've now decided to throw in the towel and go for a different make entirely.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back