Hortsmann DRT2 thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Hortsmann DRT2 digital thermostat fails to respond to commands so our heating is off (batteries are new and showing as active). Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
If the stat seems to be working ok and you can hear it clicking on then it's probably a problem elsewhere
if your are on a fully pumped system then more than likely a valve motor or end switch problem

more details of your system req

Matt

Matt thanks. However, the (thermo)stat isn't working, there's no clicking. I think it's a fully pumped system - but the thermostat shows zeros and is otherwise lifeless.

My Hortsmann DRT2 digital thermostat fails to respond to commands so our heating is off (batteries are new and showing as active). Any suggestions please?

Have you tried pressing the recessed reset button?

Sponsored Links
I think my wife, who is out, did that, though there's no recessed area visible. I have uploaded manual in case that helps. Thanks again

There is a very tiny hole in the front, to the right of the up/down buttons. That is the reset hole. You need a very small tool (pin) to reset it, once the batteries are in.

I have a number of these devices doing different tasks.
I have never had one fail yet.

I did it and panel went to 000. Looks like may be progress. I'll fool around with it. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back