Hot bath water

I spoke to the technical department at Baxi.

Your equation is quite unhelpful and really makes little sense. It would be sensible to specify units. Please reply with some worked arithmetic as I cannot make any sense of it.

Sponsored Links
The formula I gave you is really rather simple; straight forward equation with 3 variables.

As been posted above, the boiler heats a certain amount of water a certain number of degrees, doubling the required temperature halves the number or litres per minute. The more kW's in the boiler, the more litres per minute.
It's completely linear, so take the numbers from the book, and divide or multiply as you please.

Many thanks.

I thought the relationship had to be linear although the technical people I spoke to at Baxi, Worcester Bosch and Viessmann's said otherwise. They said the water would get hotter by reducing flow rate but limitations set by the boiler would stop a linear relationship.

If the relationship is as you say then getting a 42kW Worcester Bosch or a 40kW Baxi combi and reducing the flow rate should produce the hot water my wife requires for her bath.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back