Hot Cold Hot Cold Hot Cold !!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know a reputable heating plumber/technician in N Wales ? I don't want one of those guys off the secret camera shows, who turn up and charge me £400 to change a washer !!

My thermo shower runs hot then cold, I have no idea about boilers !!!! But I do enjoy a HOT shower !!!!

This one is a Worcester Bosch 35 Cdi (yes I know its old). I am reasonably technical, so if anyone thinks its a relatively simple DIY job, give us a clue !!!

Ta muchly.

Sponsored Links
Most likely due to crap in the system from corrosion. Can be done by flushinig chemically and then cleaning out the hex, or in one go with powerflush.

You say shower playing up ...What happens when you run the bath tap /kitchen tap does it stay hot or does it do the same

Sponsored Links
Those TV shows are entertainment only.

I suppose you also think that Judge Judy is a real court?

They pick the engineers from known rip off firms. There are so few that they apparently sometimes use actors now.

Those TV shows are entertainment only.

I suppose you also think that Judge Judy is a real court?

They pick the engineers from known rip off firms. There are so few that they apparently sometimes use actors now.

Judge who ? I think you watch far too much daytime telly !!!! But thanks for your input, however unhelpful !!

You say shower playing up ...What happens when you run the bath tap /kitchen tap does it stay hot or does it do the same

To be honest, I havn't checked and at present, I am refitting the bathroom and the bath is not yet installed. I will check once it is in, hopefully within a week.

However, the missis was in the shower the other day when it went cold and I felt the 'hot' pipe in the now empty bathroom and it was in fact cold so the problem is definitely coming from the boiler. It isn't the shower if that was your train of thought.

It can still be a faulty thermostatic cartridge in shower causing fault so needs to be checked with taps running to confirm

It can still be a faulty thermostatic cartridge in shower causing fault so needs to be checked with taps running to confirm

Ok, thanks for the info, I will check it out. It's a Bristan shower, are the thermostatic cartridges available to buy ? If it is faulty ?

The shower does make a strange noise when running, just prior to chnaging temperature, either way.

It makes a kind of whirring noise ?

Check for consistent temperature at another hot tap. If that's OK, the fault is in the shower mixer, unless you have a pump as well, in which case...

If the cold is tank fed via a pump, it may be lowering the water level and drawing air.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back