Hot hot hot start early,finish early.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if any other roofers start early when the weather is hot,like now?We get on job by 6am and leave at 1pm,no dinner break though.Gets to dammed hot to be on a roof in the afternoons :rolleyes: .

Sponsored Links
8 am to 3 30. got me tan now got me lotion 4 tomorow .it was flipin hot 2day

Sponsored Links
I know our guys were thankful that they'd covered up the foil faced insulation they were fixing to a rather exposed flat roof at the beginning of last week rather than this week!

Im stripping a pan tile roof on a listed building (1750) and im getting covered in black dust which in turn sticks to the sweat.

Im coming home looking like a minstrel every day...

What :eek: a round chocolate sweet :idea: Or a bloke in tights with a mandolin :?:

I was thinking about you roofers last week, watching some guys going into a partially roofed loft space and coming out like wet rags.
Back in the day, California, tract housing, 130F, work would start at 6.00am and stop early. They tried to get the guys back in the evening - no chance.
For two pee: all union tracts started and stopped on the generator. You had to be at your workplace tool-belt on when it started. There was no just arriving - if you were not there you were sent back to the union hall.
At break, guys just flopped with the two mile stare and thoughts of why didn't I finish college. The money was good. Hey ho, another day another dollar.
It's the same the whole world over.

depends on the day really sometimes i work right thru no bait or diner and finish an hour early or start early finish late of course the hot weathers gr8 but am slating eternet slates at min theyre black and vvvvvverrrrrrryyyyyy hot in this weather ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back