Hot Rod Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Suggestions welcome.

Anyone use this term hot rod for indirect HW cylinder anymore? I call it a sidewinder but hey. Have changed cylinder/pump (grundfos 15/60)on a y plan Icos system, boiler installed private in May, air sep config in airing cupboard ok. Replaced HW balancing valve, open by 2-3 turns.
7 rads, 3 on TRV.

Been flushed at initial install by BG, whatever :p

The pump whistles on speed 2 i've reduced it to 1 which sorts the noise, any reason for this i've missed? The pump was new on bg install btw.

Sponsored Links
Gas2Air said:
Been flushed at initial install by BG,

Load of b*ll*cks, unless the customer was actually standing over them when they flushed it then take it for granted that it hasn't been done, BG's install times are so tight that the flush hardly ever gets done. I've seen engineers take the flushing machine out of the van as soon as the customer pops out for a while, splash water over it & leave it by the front door, when the customer came back they had always "just finished flushing it".
That's one of the reasons me & BG parted company.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back