Hot tap stopped working - any ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im having problems with the hot tap on the bath, over the last few days the flow has got less and less and now it has stopped completly, also the tap has got very stiff and wont turn as much as it used to. All the other hot taps work fine. Has anyone got any ideas on how to fix it.

scratching my head with a confused look.

Many thanks!!

Sponsored Links
take the head off and get a new replacement from B+Q .........tap revivers ;) it`ll be a broken horseshoe circlip

Thanks Nige, i took ur advice and went to B+Q and spoke to a guy who showed me the replacement inner mechanism thing. Managed to change it all and its all working fine now and only cost me 99p for the mechanism and £1.78 for a 17mm spanner. Many thanks for replying and giving me the kick to do it myself! Feeling very pleased at saving myself a plumber call out! :)

Sponsored Links
yep 98p to be precise for the whole tap mechanism, on the reciept it says 'tap gland', was it misspriced?
The only annoying thing about it is that it doesnt have the thread on the top bit to put the tap cover bit back but its ok loose. It was 12.98 for the 'tapmatic' tap renovator kit but i only needed the inner bit so im going to return the kit later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back