Hot then cold water from shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a performa 28... Generally it is working fine. But when having a shower the water is going from hot to cold then hot then cold???? Why is this???!

Sponsored Links
Potterton Performa 28 - System or Combi?

Its either the Shower or the Boiler, we just need to determine a few things to work out which

Does the water at the taps do the same thing?

Tony

Sponsored Links
The shower is attached to the bath,,,, I think it does do it to the taps as well.
When using h/washer it does and washing up

When the water runs cold, do any of the indicator lights on the boiler control panel come on?

No, What I have noticed is that the pilot light goes off then comes on

Update: it's a combo boiler, the shower is nor elec nor power shower its an attachment to a mixer bath taps,,, I think it only goes cold when the temp light hit 80 degree on the front panel of the boiler,, which it reaches very very quickly appo in seconds .... Any ideas. The heating works fine. But all the taps in kitchen and in bathroom are same. Hot then cold hot then cold

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back