Hot Tub area? Ideas needed.

Cant say fairer than that. The XP is cheaper too. If it still wet and no ice crystals formed you should be ok with the base. Always going to be an issue this time of year working up near you. Mum's in Oldham and it bloomin nippy there. You going to flag round it with stone or use the grass ?

Had some stuff from these guys if you can get there and these on offer at the mo and a bargain

https://indianstonesupplies.co.uk/product/280-x-280/

Sponsored Links
Cant say fairer than that. The XP is cheaper too. If it still wet and no ice crystals formed you should be ok with the base. Always going to be an issue this time of year working up near you. Mum's in Oldham and it bloomin nippy there. You going to flag round it with stone or use the grass ?

Had some stuff from these guys if you can get there and these on offer at the mo and a bargain

https://indianstonesupplies.co.uk/product/280-x-280/

Just the grass for now but I do have loads of flagging to do round the back and a big driveway to do too.

It was pretty warm yesterday and my mate Dave (the **** weather man) said it was going to be warm and dry all week. He must have been talking about Spain :LOL:

I’m in Worcester now, worried it’s going to be knackered when I get home :cry:

Just leave it covered and dry. Should be ok as the load you putting on it evenly spread anyway.

I put the insulation down yesterday, covered it with a DPM and then trowelled the sand level with the edges ready for the grass.
1EC0E57C-DF92-4730-AA46-73AFA1FD1CF2.jpeg

522DC86D-3C40-4E0D-B9BB-08830604FA29.jpeg

747CB2FD-6BAC-4FEF-ACF6-B95550885BEC.jpeg

D5BBE855-9D9C-45FF-BC9A-F3676DDC0965.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Coming on well Ian. Fingers crossed we have a cracking summer and then its party time for you.

I not going to ask what the Aubergine for. Thats looking spot on Ian and nice bit of weather to enjoy it.

The aubergine is my favourite phone picture when I text my missus :LOL:

It’s been nice in there the last couple of night with the clear sky’s.

Setting it up with the chemicals was easier than I thought. There’s 3 things to monitor with some strips that you dip in. You need Chlorine, PH and total acidity to be reading right on these:
B301B81C-5B59-4FF0-8A61-C184D7939D65.jpeg

You add a certain weight of each to begin with, test it after 30 minutes then tweak any that are reading wrong.

I need to make some furniture around it. There’s no cup holders in it and I have nowhere for towels so some kind of unit that I can move.

Also I could fit some 25mm Celotex into the side panels to add to the foil stuff that’s there now.

Yes they do need looking after and cleaning but worth it.

You could make a 4 x 4 timber frame round it giving you room to fit in 100mm celotex boards and then clad that with a hardwood shiplap. Pop some of small shelves near each seat and a cedar set of steps too.

It’s a shame the composite decking is so expensive, something made of that would look decent.

Ian i been looking and when you way up the cost of timber and continued treatment it not too bad. Savoy timber got some that nice. But i'd stretch those purse strings to a cladding so you can seal in the frame and insulation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back