Hot Underfloor Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have installed wet underfloor heating in my sons house so realise normal procedure is for low temp water, lots of pipes and fast circulation

I would like to run underfloor heating from my existing gas boiler in 1 room in my house and wondering whether I could use normal radiator circulation with insulation on pipes under the floor to get gentle heating
Has anybody tried this or is it a non starter??

Any advice would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
You can do what you like in your own house.

However, unless you have a lot of design experience you are unlikely to get it right!

Far better to learn all about UFH and IF its suitable for the room then install the full system with its own pump and blending valve.

Tony

If I had to do one room in my house I would put a programmable roomstat in that room (the feed for which would come from the main system programmable roomstat so that the ufh only powers up when the heating is caled for in general) and control pump from it with a pipestat as an interuptor. Set the pipestat at the MAX temperature I want the pipes to attain. parallel the whole thing off the flow and return pipework like a radiator. There may be a some leaching but that wouldn't matter.

I wouldn't in my case use a relay to provide a boiler interlock since the main programmable roomstat in my hall is the only interlock I require as if I require heating I have to heat every room or the house would be like a fridge it has so much volume. For the last few weeks we have counted ourselves lucky if it has risen to 18 degrees.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back