Hot Water but no CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Something weird has just happened to my CH, it has decided to not turn on at all. When I turn it on via the programmer, the solenoid in the programmer clicks but the little light does not turn on (hot water is working fine).

I've tried replacing the ch valve with one I know that works, but this didn't make any difference. The valve has power. I've tried turning up and down the main thermostat, it clicks but the light on that doesn't light up either.

The only last thing I can think of doing is resetting the programmer, maybe it's got itself into a muddle.

Programmer is a Sunvic Select XL

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Nick

Sponsored Links
sounds like the programmer is not sending a live to the room stat.

programmer knackered.
test if the programmers giving out 230v on ch.

you say the valve had power on what wire ?

Sponsored Links
ok, when you say you have power to the valve, is the valve opening or do you mean you have power at the valve (on maybe the grey)?
to be honest given what you have described it probably is the programmer. I think I would firstly take the programmer off the back plate and link out L and 4
If the central heating now comes on then its the programmer

matt

I don't know which wires, the only reason why I knew it had power was when I moved the manual dial on the side the motor would kick in.

Anyhow, the CH has just this minute decided to start working again without me touching it! The CH light on the programmer is now on and so is the one on the thermostat. Very weird. I suppose it could still be a faultering programmer.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, if it happens again I will try them out.

Nick

I don't know which wires, the only reason why I knew it had power was when I moved the manual dial on the side the motor would kick in.
you won't get the motor to kick in by moving the lever.
you can feel the motor when opening to manual
then the spring will pull the lever back.
Anyhow, the CH has just this minute decided to start working again without me touching it! The CH light on the programmer is now on and so is the one on the thermostat. Very weird. I suppose it could still be a faultering programmer.

would still say programmer and it won't last long.

yep definitely programmer. It's now very intermittent, if I keep pressing the +1 hour button it will eventually come on but may go off again a few seconds after or will stay on for the whole hour.

I've also learned that the Sunvic 207 XL has issues and has been superseded by the 207 XLS ... So I think I will get one one from ebay, they seem cheap enough.

Thanks,
Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back