Hot water but no heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just got back from work to find the good lady has tired to put the heating on, but no heat.

Boiler is fine as hot water is no problem and fire's up as and when its needed.

I'm off for 10 days (working away) so am tiring to get some heating before I go, all I know is in by the hot water tank / cylinder I have two pumps, both Grundfos Selectric 15-50x18.

My neighbour, who was round today to try and help said that more than likely the heating one is stuck shut, but you can over ride the pump by turning the front dial / slot by hand.

Not wanting to mess anything up further I have not tired this, but does what he said sounds like it could be the problem ?? and can you in fact over ride the pump ??

I know I'm going to have to get someone in to look at it, but would like to try before I go just to get some heat.

Many thanks

Lyngarth

Sponsored Links
We really need to know more about your system, what make and model boiler do you have etc. In the mean time listen to hear if both pumps are runnig with the HW and CH switched on, if not, with the heal of an old shoe clout the pump sharply a couple of times as this some times releases a stuck pump.

Hi , thanks for the reply, will try to give it a go with an old shoe !! and see what happens.

I have now put back working away until Friday, so if I have no joy later I will post up as many details tomorrow as I can find.

Thanks for taking the time to reply,

Lyngarth

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back