Hot water cylinder on 80c - will this cause any damage?

Reaction score
Country
Azerbaijan
Hi, I need to replace my 3 port valve as my heating is not working. Have wacked up the cylinder to 80c so that the hot water warms the rads as a temporary measure - will this cause any damage short term? I know it should be on 60c

Sponsored Links
What make and model is the 3port maybe you can just change the head? Or if the heads are not available then perhaps just a case of the microswitch is faulty rather than a mechanical issue. Or could be the syncro motor

Sponsored Links
What make and model is the 3port maybe you can just change the head? Or if the heads are not available then perhaps just a case of the microswitch is faulty rather than a mechanical issue. Or could be the syncro motor
It's a Honeywell. I'm going to change the motor tonight to see if that fixes it. How do I diagnose/test it so that I can see what the problem is?

Your hot cylinder should have a balancing valve, shut it in then reopen say half a turn. Reset your temp, now draw off a sink full of hot. Your boiler should kick in to try and heat the cylinder and at the same time your rad will get nice and hot. The boiler will continue to fire until the hot water temp is reached.

Why not set the flow on the boiler so cylinder stat doesnt get satisfied thus not having this stored hot water above the "Normal" Hopefully by now fixed anyway rather than having it parked in the mid postion

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back