Sime 80C Format Boiler cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

We have an at least 8 year old (not sure how long before we moved it in it was installed) sIME 80c Format C Boiler.

We've had the CH off all summer and only recently turned it on. The hot water goes hot warm cold, hot warm cold (where previously occasionaly it went just down to warm but showering etc was fine) etc.

Until the temp guage is above about 60C the orange overheating warning light comes on and the ignition cuts out rsulting in a drop in temperature.

It seems to be better when the CH has been on for a while (and is still on) although even then not always.

I'm assuming based on the warning light it's overheating but what needs repairing / replacing to prevent this?

Thanks
Ben

Sponsored Links
The company i work for are agents for sime,

like any boiler repair its hard to say with out stood infront of it. The boiler could simply need a descale.

I too am having a hot water problem with a SIME 80C Format combi boiler. Showers are a nightmare. Runs cold whilst the water warms up, gets to a half decent temperature only for the orange LED to come on and the water go cold again. This repeats constantly. And this is all with the CH on as well. Without the CH I get the same situation but for less time which results in just running cold water from the hot tap!

Did you ever get your problem resolved? Also would anybody be kind enough to point me in the direction of the manual for this boiler? Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
This problem sounds like you may have a blocked up plate heat exchanger and may need it cleaned or replaced. but can also be the stats or Diverter valve.

Provided the CH is running good.

Best bet to get a RGI out to check the boiler out as its not something i would recommend you work on.

This problem sounds like you may have a blocked up plate heat exchanger and may need it cleaned or replaced. but can also be the stats or Diverter valve.

Provided the CH is running good.

Best bet to get a RGI out to check the boiler out as its not something i would recommend you work on.
Thanks for the quick reply. The CH is absolutely fine. It's just the hot water. I will get someone to look at it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back