Hot water cylinder question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in France. The house has a new hot water cylinder (heats via immersion/heatpump), with PEX cold in and hot out pipes, connected to copper piping after a few feet. There's no cold tank, it's fed directly from the mains in. The rest of the plumbing is a muddle of different sized copper piping, a lot of it too small. I would like to refit the whole lot with PEX as part of the refurb.

Presumably, I will have to drain the tank to reconnect the in and out pipes? or can it be done by just shutting the gate valve and keeping it full? The tank is in a place where a bit (or even a lot) of water on the floor is no big deal.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not sure what the rules are in France, but over here in Blighty you're not allowed to do any work on these cylinders without the proper qualifications

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back