hot water cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The hot water cylinder in a flat I own needed to be replaced. I called a plumber 3 months ago requesting a new cylinder with Economy 7 and boost functions however smaller if poss, this would be the same as old cylinder but give more space in cupboard. Plumber assured me that a smaller cylinder could be fitted with these functions. Work looked great, but tenant was not in property for a few weeks and it transpired the water was not heating with either Ec7 or boost. The plumber said the testing and commissioning was complete (this consisted of checking if water going in and out of cylinder, not if it was heating up! Not my idea of testing!). Unfortunately I had already paid a large sum for this work. Plumber eventually came out at beginning of Jan fitted a new boost however the water still wasn't heating up using Ec7. After numerous lengthy discussions getting no where I've been informed by the plumber the cylinder fitted will only do either boost or Ec7 functions depending on what switch the element is wired to. This is not what I wanted so I am extremely frustrated only getting an honest answer now after 3 months and spending a lot of money. Could anyone tell me if the cylinder (picture attached) can be hooked up to both boost and Ec7 functions? Or has the plumber fitted the completely wrong cylinder!

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Oh dear , single immersion heater boss so either economy7 or boost dependant on which spur is used.

Oh dear , single immersion heater boss so either economy7 or boost dependant on which spur is used.

I was hoping that this wasn't the case! I'll need to speak to the tenant to see what they would prefer. Is Ec7 really that much cheaper than having the boost on for an hour a day?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back