Hot water pressure issues - gravity fed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some all electric flats I manage. The hot water is from a direct combination cylinder (400x1050) with a single immersion.

Although the cylinders are mounted on a shelf in a cupboard in each flat, there is only about 1m head. The taps are mixer type and it takes ages to fill a bath and then the water goes cool from the cylinder (so tenants tell me)

There is no boost immersion or timer. I could wire a boost system into the immersion using a time clock/boost switch (immersion at base of cylinder).

My main question is there a pump I could fit to improve the flow rate or would a separate/bigger header tank be needed?

I think unvented or thermal stores would be best, but I am looking for a cheaper solution!

Sponsored Links
Messing around with the cylinders isn't going to change the fact that there's only about 80 litres of useable hot water in them. Adding an additional immersion heater would definitely be the best option. They're combination cylinders, so how would you increase the head? Are the bath taps plumbed in 22mm pipe? If they're 15mm with tap flexis then this is all decreasing your flow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back