Hot water goes cold mid flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please could you help me with this.

This started to happen after I foolishly connected a hose to the kitchen hot tap.

If I am running the hot water tap while doing the washing up, I hear a relay like click and the Burner indicator light goes out and the water goes cold.
It will sometimes reignite and stay on and other times it will not. Other times it will run hot and cold.

This of course also happens when showering in the morning.

Another odd thing it does now is that it will occasionally start the central heating for a few seconds and then stops, it is currently set to hot water only.

I have a Halstead Ace High combi boiler.

Cheers

Dave

Sponsored Links
sounds like the Domestic Hot water diaphragm needs replacing

Hi Ian

Thanks for the suggestion. I received one on Saturday and fitted it yesterday but it has not solved it.

Would getting the full kit with the valve etc be the next thing to try?

Cheers

Dave

Sponsored Links
Hi Terry

Why do you think that connecting the hose caused the problem.

Because after the hose was disconnected from the hot water tap and then the tap turned on, the boiler made a noises that it didn't make before (although it stopped making them after a few hot water demands) and that is when the burner began the cutting out.

It was working fine beforehand.

I thought that maybe the hose had caused some back pressure causing something to strain or split.

I had replaced a Domestic Hot water diaphragm previously so I knew it was something I could do myself.

Cheers

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back