Hot Water Header Tank

eel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have installed a power shower and realised after reading the instructions for installation that i should have a 225 Litre (50G) header tank fitted. I had a 25G tank so brought a 50G header tank from screw fix.

Had to extend platform obviously to accomodate new tank, my question is should i have any worries about the extra weight up there in my loft?

My house was built in 1990 and the roof joists are not supported between the outside walls of the house. The weight is spread across 4 joists, is this all ok? I am being a girly worry wuss here? Any advice from the experienced out there is appriciated.

Sponsored Links
As long as you beefed up the platform when you extended it ya should be good to go ........... :cool:

If when you have filled it, it does a swann dive thro the ceiling & on to the bed ..... NO ;)

done it 3 days ago now and spend a lot of time looking at the ceiling whilst in bed :eek: (tank is above my bedroom)

Just wanted to know if this is a normal mod that folk do and is nothing to worry about thats all. Guess i am being a worrying about nowt. If i wake up wet i will let you know. :oops:

See it as an excuse to wear your mask & flippers in bed :LOL:

Ya never know the Mrs might find it Kinky ;)

Sponsored Links
Ask a builder to have a look to see if you need extra support.

Each litre of water weighs 1 kg so you have approx 450lb load on your joists.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back