hot water heats up suspiciously quickly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
I'm not sure if I have a problem!!!!
I have replaced my Potterton ep3000 programmer with a centaurplus C27 programmer. HW and CH are perfect when on together, but when I have HW on alone it only seems to heat for a short amount of time, I see the water temp on the boiler rise from say 50 up to the pre-set temp of 60 in just a few minutes. I have a gravity fed HW water pumped CH. Y plan system. I used terminals 1,3 and 4 on the C27. I have removed the link which makes my C27 HW, or HW+CH. It all switches on and off perfectly. My boiler is a glow-worm flexicom with hot water tank, no room stat in the system but do have a stat on the hot water tank and stats on the rads. It was all perfect before I changed the (faulty) programmer. It seems to heat the water bit by bit

Sponsored Links
If you have a y plan system then it will be classed as fully pumped, you should not have removed the link from the back of the programmer.

thanks for a swift reply.......
Reading the paperwork for the C27 I removed the link so that my system would only run HW or HW+CH. The way I read it, it if I left the link in I could have CH or HW or CH+HW. My old system with the potterton programmer only gave me HW or CH+HW.
If I have a fully pumped system would I have one pump?
I do have a pump it is a grundfos type ups 15-50x18 Mk2.
I guessed that I have a gravity HW (wrongly it seems?)

Sponsored Links
yes it does
Ive just seen wot you wrote at the bottom of the photo.
Sorry!
I have to find a link to replace the one I threw away.
Do you think that'll fix my problem?
What is happening with my hot water why do you think it only seems to heat it bit by bit ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back